Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are shock pumps proprietary to shocks or can you use an air compressor that's capable of 200+ psi to fill the shock also? i would just try it but im afraid of it not fitting and just losing air pressure.

·
Registered
332 Posts
a compressor will most likely cause your shock to explode. shock pumps put very small amounts of air in at a time because shocks don't hold much. a compressor works with large volumes of air. you're going to seriously damage your shock without the proper pump. invest in a pump...all kinds of places have them. you don't need a brand specific one and you can even get one in a motorcycle shop (my dad has one for his harley's rear shocks).

·
too cold to ride
1,130 Posts
I can picture the Wile E. Coyote-type explosion when you hooked a compressor up to the shock. FWIW, shock pumps (I recommend getting one with a gauge) can be had for $20-30.

·
~Disc~Golf~
16,496 Posts
anavrinIV said:
not necessarily, no...but the shock will fill up fast and I don't know that someone asking this kind of question would be ready for it. I'm just trying to help a guy out : )
maybe you got a point...Tho, the OP might just be double checking, and I'm just trying to stop mis-information.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.