Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading the Manitou manual online it appears that they say you need to have two different pumps, one for the can and as they put it, a dedicated pump for the SPV, is this correct? Thanks, I just found this web site, lots of great info!

·
Lone Wolf McQuade
2,418 Posts
SPV shock pump....

I got it for XMas, cost around $27, a normal shock pump price I think. I really don't see the difference between this special SPV pump and the other one I have. It does work for both the SPV and the big can pressure.

Attachments

·
Pudgy Old Guy
538 Posts
Some shock pump heads...

jtbrill632 said:
Reading the Manitou manual online it appears that they say you need to have two different pumps, one for the can and as they put it, a dedicated pump for the SPV, is this correct? Thanks, I just found this web site, lots of great info!
appear to be too large to screw far enough down on the SPV valve to open it. This is only because Manitou put that little flange around the schraeder valve on the SPV. A Fox pump (at least the older models) for example won't work. If your pump will work on the SPV side it will also work for the main air chamber.

·
MattSavage
2,481 Posts
The SPV specific pump is low volume/low pressure pump. It works far better to fine tune your SPV settings than a standard shock pump, which is a larger volume/high pressure pump. With a standard pump, a stroke will give you anywhere from 15-20 psi increments in the SPV chamber, while an SPV pump will you give around 3 psi increments, depending on the fork.

An SPV specific pump is a worthy purchase if you're a diehard Manitou fan and you like to tinker.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.