Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys first post and all that , I've got a scott 960 29er , best my single parentness could afford , its fitted with an RS monarch RT3 rear shock , which seems to be screwed and needs a service after just 10 hours of going boinggg , its not under warranty as the bike was 2nd hand ...... so question what size is the shock???? so I can go and search for a new one that'll work

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
What exactly is the issue? SRAM has excellent maintenance videos online and they're fairly simple things to fix if you take your time with it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Low setting doesn't work and its noisy ( air pumping sound ) a few people have had the same problems and just bin'd it, I'm going to try a rebuild first , but don't know what size I'm looking for if I decide to get rid and buy a fox etc :/

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
No reason to dump it. It's a good shock that is easily rebuilt and very tunable. A couple bucks for an IFP adapter, some oil and you're in business.
EDIT: Worst case, send it off for a rebuild. Still far cheaper than a new shock

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just concerned its screwed after 5 rides that's all , who would I contact for spares / seals etc ?? Straight to sram ?.?

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
A SRAM dealer (which is virtually any bike shop) can order you whatever you need. Go to SRAM.com and click on service. You should be able to download their spare parts catalog as well as detailed instructions for a rebuild. Search Google for monarch service and you should find excellent videos by SRAM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts