Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, we're off the chart for most shock set up guides. I'm 240 on a HiFi29 and running 160 front and rear. I feel the rear could use more, but the sag is right and I'm not really riding much that would challenge the back end. I've found that I like less front rebound damping than the starting guide (yah, that's why it's the starting guide). That is, I like a little faster action in the front.

I ran a regression on the recommended shock pressures from Fischer and came out with a bimodal exponential-ish curve. It makes extrapolating from the bench kinda pointless.

What kind of pressures are you using for your weight and riding style?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I am 205 lbs. In my fork (lyric 2-step), I run what rockshox suggest for my weight which is 115 psi. Sometime I will trim it down to 105 psi if I am going really rocky terrain.
I have a fox float rp23 in the rear, the recomend pressure for my weight is 170psi. I run 185psi, . I don't know what rear shock you have but if it is a fox, I would put more psi in it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.