Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an XCE with XR rockers and a romic. What are my options for a new shock without having to get new rockers? I really prefer coil vs. air, but I have not ridden an RP3 so I am open and have read most of the threads on the RP3 here. Any other suggestions? I am about 220. Not a lot still being dicussed on XCE (guess that's old school now), but I still love the bike and it has treated me well.

·
Registered
34 Posts
RP3 and float fork

I have an XCE with the romic shock. I found a RP3 shock for two hundred bucks on Craigslist so I bought it. It is a great shock. It feels like I do not have any BOB and the bike just feels great up and down the hills. I was always a coil spring guy as well because of the dependability. The only down side of the shock was after I put it on, I had a vanilla fork and the bike did not feel right. The front was to plush and I end up bying a new Fox float RLC Push. I guessing my bike is about 1.5 lighter and it rides really nice. I like the tune abilily of the new fork and shock. I weigh around 165 lbs so it could be different for a bigger rider. I ride XC and like s stiff fork.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.