Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Rocket Scientist
1,010 Posts
I sent Fox an inquiry about a DHX to fit the Intense M6 and this is what they had to say...

Darren Garrison at Fox:
"I haven’t heard of anything like that becoming available, but we may offer it in the future."

From Chris Arnold at Marzocchi:
"We are currently testing a Roco shock with these measurements (10.5"x3.5") and may offer it next year."

Edit: Obtanium performance products will offer a Ti spring to fit this shock. Currently he is out of stock due to the MS-INTENSE team purchasing all of his stock, but will be making more in the future.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Cane Creek Double Barrel is an upgrade option. Currently they have a small collection of both Ti and steel springs available so you could end up with one or the other.

I have been running a CCDB on my DH for 2006 and 2007 and wouldn't really consider anything else at the moment. I also have one on my M6 of course.

Manipoo makes the Revox which is the stock unit for the bike. I'm not a fan at all but I have heard from a few that it is ok.

Third option would be to have Avalanche make one for you. They offer that size is a few different models of thier shocks. I have already seen one M6 with one but it was over damped and had to be returned. You will also have to find someone to buy the old shock from you since Intense does not want to ship the frames without a shock.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know about the existing options. If I end up getting an M6 I would stick with the Revox and pick up a Ti spring for it.

Im a big fan of the DHX as I have Push tuned DHX's on both my Uzzi and M3. Ive ridden an M3 with a 6 way and it felt Ok, so for the price I think the Revox would be ok.

And speaking of price, why exactly is the CCDB an $800+ upgrade? I know when you go to buy a Ti spring equipped CCDB aftermarket its $800, but you get no "credit" for not getting the manitou (a $400 shock, right?)? Is the price of the Manitou just built into the $3k cost of the M6, and therefore youre paying full retail pop for the CCDB should you choose that?

·
Registered
178 Posts
6 way felt ok??????? it kicks the sht out of your fancy pushed dhx!!!!!! hey mr. money bags, when you order up an M6 show everyone what a cool guy you are and get one for me too!!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
IntenseMack10 said:
And speaking of price, why exactly is the CCDB an $800+ upgrade? I know when you go to buy a Ti spring equipped CCDB aftermarket its $800, but you get no "credit" for not getting the manitou (a $400 shock, right?)? Is the price of the Manitou just built into the $3k cost of the M6, and therefore youre paying full retail pop for the CCDB should you choose that?
It is a $300 upgrade with a steel spring. I think they are asking another $250 or $300 if you want a Ti spring, I got a steel one on mine so I am not 100% on the Ti cost.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.