Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent my Fox Triad from a 2004 SJ to PUSH over the holidays. It was paid for, completed, and delivered to my home. Unfortunately it was stolen off my porch before I got home (apparently no signature was required - not sure if I had to request that or not).

So now I need to do something to make this bike usable again. I believe that year's Triad was 6.5 x 1.5. I'm really hoping to find a cheap option...anyone have a recommend on where to locate one? No love on eBay or the classifieds here so far.

·
Former Bike Wrench
15,976 Posts
Good news is that 6.5 x 1.5 is a standard size (not all SJ's have that advantage). A Fox Float R runs about $250 new and will work well (though no lockout or adjustable platform damping). Checking on E-bay, there is a Fox RP2 right now that would work. You may need to get the right hardware for it as well, should be able to get that from your Specialized LBS.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! And no, I don't care about Triad...don't need the lock out. I'll keep trolling eBay...man it just irks me to spend the $$$ on PUSH and then lose the shock.

Sure something will come up...but hard to justify a new RP23 for bank on a 6 year old ride.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts