Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hoping one of you Moment or DHX5.0 riders can help me out. I ride a large Moment with a Fox DHX 5.0 on it. The bike has less than 200 miles on it and just recently has developed a "knock" coming from around the shock area. The last time I experienced anything like this on a bike it was on my Blur and ended up being the shock bushing. In this instance though the bike had been ridden for about 2 years. It was easy to identify the problem because if you lifted the bike up from the back of the seat and put your other hand on the top of the shock you could feel it move, ie, a gap could be felt between the shock bolt and the shock.

With the Moment I do not hear or feel anything when lifting the bike up from the back of the seat, but instead, if I push down on the seat you can feel and hear a knock. I am pushing down light enough on the seat that there is no noticable travel in the shock. The shock bushings feel fine so I am wandering if there is anything internal to this shock that could be causing this noise/feeling?

Any ideas?

·
Registered
82 Posts
rideaddict said:
I am hoping one of you Moment or DHX5.0 riders can help me out. I ride a large Moment with a Fox DHX 5.0 on it. The bike has less than 200 miles on it and just recently has developed a "knock" coming from around the shock area. The last time I experienced anything like this on a bike it was on my Blur and ended up being the shock bushing. In this instance though the bike had been ridden for about 2 years. It was easy to identify the problem because if you lifted the bike up from the back of the seat and put your other hand on the top of the shock you could feel it move, ie, a gap could be felt between the shock bolt and the shock.

With the Moment I do not hear or feel anything when lifting the bike up from the back of the seat, but instead, if I push down on the seat you can feel and hear a knock. I am pushing down light enough on the seat that there is no noticable travel in the shock. The shock bushings feel fine so I am wandering if there is anything internal to this shock that could be causing this noise/feeling?

Any ideas?
I had the same problem with my Moment/DHX after 2 rides. It was the shock, took about 2 weeks to get it back from fox and they would never say what it was. Good luck!!

J

·
Registered
6 Posts
DHX clunk

Hi guys,

Just to add to this thread that I have the exact same clunking problem described in this post with my Fox DHX 5.0 Coil that came fitted new on my SC Heckler. I cannot believe that Fox are still shipping faulty units, although I am based in Australia, so perhaps I have been given old stock by a local supplier...

So will Fox repair the clunk permanently, or will it return as I read in other posts? Should I just put up with the noise and enjoy the ride? :)

Thanks!

·
Time is not a road.
4,150 Posts
This is a perfect time to get that Push upgrade you've been dreaming of on the DHX-C! Though it voids your warranty, I think Push takes care of it for you at that point. Plus, you won't have to wait for Fox - they can be slow at times.

On the other hand, that new DHX-Air is looking good. Maybe it's time for an upgrade? Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.