Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i bought a schwinn 210 fs just to get into shape abd see if i wanna get serious about mountain biking,anyways it has RST 191 omni's on the front,there is a hex nut underneath on each side is this to adjust them?they seem a bit soft but i also weight 250lbs so maybe i'm just to heavy,i had some roch shock judy's lined up for $50 but buddy never came through i guess...

·
www.derbyrims.com
6,766 Posts
Dealer should know.

Rob0781 said:
can anyone help or are these shocks to shitty for anyone to give a **** and help me beable to get a little better use outta them before winter..
Or call RST tech support.

The fork adjusters are usually hand turnable knobs. There are some forks that have internal adjustements only. Your bike should have come with a fork manual if there were any adjustment possible. Your dealer would probably know the answer. Sorry I don't have any experience with RST forks.

- ray

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Rob0781 said:
ok i bought a schwinn 210 fs just to get into shape abd see if i wanna get serious about mountain biking,anyways it has RST 191 omni's on the front,there is a hex nut underneath on each side is this to adjust them?they seem a bit soft but i also weight 250lbs so maybe i'm just to heavy,i had some roch shock judy's lined up for $50 but buddy never came through i guess...
Try twisting the knobs at the fork's crown..... the things on the lowers should be for assembly/disassembly.

If your fork is a T4 try twisting the knobs (usually clockwise) until you feel it to your like.
If your fork is a C4 you're kinda fried 'caus it has no adjustment al all.

You'd rather get another fork... A Manitou Axel or a Marzocchi EXR would suit you fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.