Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I ordered a Fox Float R for my 575 to replace the 5th Air. Supposedly, the place I ordered it from ordered the shock directly from Yeti to make sure the right hardware was supplied, but all I received with the shock were two eyelet reducers (I think). Do I need any special hardware to attach the Fox or will the parts I currently have for the 5th work okay?

I checked the Yeti Store online and they sell a hardware kit for the 5th but none for the Fox???

I've also noticed that a lot of play has developed where the lower end of the dogbone attaches to the shock. I can even feel it clunking a bit when riding. The bolts were all tight so I guess I may need to replace some bushings/bearings as well.

Anyone know?

Thanks.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is a pic of what I received. I also noticed what appears to be a crack in the sleeve that lines the eyelet. After taking the 5th Air off, it would seem that I definitely need some extra hardware to fit the Fox.

Also, the play seems to be coming from the lower bushing on the 5th...it moves up and down quite a bit.

Attachments

·
clone
161 Posts
Dunno a lot about the internals of the shock mountings - but I can tell you that the crack you're seeing is just where the bushing - that's what that ring is - meets itself.

I've developed some play at the lower end of my 5th as well - yet to investigate.

idiot

1 - 3 of 3 Posts