Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

If one wants to upgrade their shock and fork for a Truth, what do people think works best? I know everyone likes Fox, but if you're on a budget....

Is stable platform stuff such as Fox 100x, Manitou's STB, 5th Element, etc. necessary, since the Truth uses "ICT"?

Thanks!

-Rob

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have a Fox Propedal AVA on my Truth and it is great. I switched from the CaneCreek AD12.
I have the Fox 100x too. It is really perfect for me and the way I ride the Truth. For others and their "style" of riding it may not be perfect.

The Fox PP AVA is a no brainer in my opinion.
Fork choice is a bit different. I can easily imagine someone hating the 100x and going for the Float 100RLC or whathaveyou.
For me, the 100x works really, really well. Out of the saddle efforts are very solid with the fork auto locked. A short "pop" initially and the fork opens up and is active. This pop is noticeable but not a problem.

As for ICT and the Propedal:the propedal is not a true platform shock. I think a true platform might be too much for a Truth ( I am willing to cede this point to any opposing viewpoint however). The PP AVA seems just perfect to me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.