Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pushed 6" travel bullit or 7" Coil DHX (maybe DHX-A even) for trail use? I'm not much for getting air...if I get more than 3ft of air, its by accident.

Big guy here, I like plush and fast. 220-225llbs riding weight. Currently the bike has a 7.87" Vanilla RC that hasn't been serviced in 7 years! Climbing wise, the bike does really well. Maybe that shock oil is the consistency of tar. :)

Also, how does the DHX air and coil differ in feel on this bike (TNC)?

Thanks,

-Sp

·
noMAD man
12,220 Posts
Look a few posts below to, "Should I switch from coil to an air shock". I think I pretty well covered the DHX coil vs. air, at least for me on a Bullit. Sounds like you're running a 7.875 X 2.25 Fox RC an a pre-'03 Bullit? If so I'd recommend going to an 8.5 X 2.5 version of whatever you get. You've got 5.8" of travel with a 7.875 X 2.25 shock. The 8.5 shock will give you 6.5". The Bullit responds very well to a stable platform shock. I think the 5th E coil, DHX-Air, and Manitou 4-Way Air all work excellently on the Bullit. The red one is a '99 model with the 4-Way Air and a 6" Fork, and the silver one is an '03 with the DHX-A and a 6" fork. The red on weighs 32.6lbs. and the silver one is 32.9lbs. Both are great for trail use while still being more than capable for moderate drops and jumps.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.