Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so the other day i was washing my new bike after the second ride id had on it and decided that wow those shock boots look realy realy dumb. So i proceded to cut them off. However this morning while looking at the shock owners manual i found that to my horor cutting those dumb looking pieces of rubber of actualy voids the warranty. not good. so just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if they have what has happend if you break your shock what does it do if i go get it fixed/ try and get a new one?

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
northparkrider said:
Okay so the other day i was washing my new bike after the second ride id had on it and decided that wow those shock boots look realy realy dumb. So i proceded to cut them off. However this morning while looking at the shock owners manual i found that to my horor cutting those dumb looking pieces of rubber of actualy voids the warranty. not good. so just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if they have what has happend if you break your shock what does it do if i go get it fixed/ try and get a new one?
As anything there is alot contaversy over this type thing. I heard & sounds true to me that the gaiters retain water & dirt causing more damage. If the forks are open to the enviroment its alot easier to clean & maintain properly. Moto's with standard forks use gaiters but you will be replacing seals, if you ride, more frequently because they will blow out. When replaceing seals the forks come apart, cleaned then reassembled.
Me i would cut them off as you did & if you have any warranty issues the LBS will back you on repairs. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts