Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently sold my medium frame camber and I need to pack it up and ship it UPS. I know my LBS can pack up bikes but I'm not paying an extra $75 for someone to do what I can do myself. My question is what size box do I need? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
240 Posts
The size you need partially depends on whether its a 26er or 29er. Specialized uses different size boxes to ship new bikes to the dealers.
I would go to the LBS and ask them for a box close to the size the bike was shipped to them in. Usually they just recycle the boxes anyway - they would probably just give a box to you that is an adequate size.

·
There's always next year.
877 Posts
Yah... most local shops are happy to give boxes away if you ask (and I typically pick up some chain lube or something while I'm there... two birds one stone kinda deal)

If its only a frame, you should be able to get away with a much smaller bike box as well, which might lead to cheap shipping costs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.