Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a hassle! Can't seem to find a courier service to send a complete bike overseas. UPS charge $500 (air, there is no ground option), DHL charge $200 by air, same as FEDEX
Anyone know of any carriers who can handle shipping by ground - dont want to spend more than $100.
USPS have size restrictions for their parcel service, otherwise their charges for a 30lb box is reasonable at ~$50.
The bike is all boxed up and ready to go....

·
www.derbyrims.com
6,766 Posts
accidental said:
What a hassle! Can't seem to find a courier service to send a complete bike overseas. UPS charge $500 (air, there is no ground option), DHL charge $200 by air, same as FEDEX
Anyone know of any carriers who can handle shipping by ground - dont want to spend more than $100.
USPS have size restrictions for their parcel service, otherwise their charges for a 30lb box is reasonable at ~$50.
The bike is all boxed up and ready to go....
I shipped a suspension frame to South Africa once with USPS, and had to disassemble the rear suspension to fit inside the center frame dimensions to barely meet the size limitation. I even had to cut down my already chopped frame box size smaller at the Post Office.

I think you would have to use at least two boxes one for the wheels separate, stuffing components, posts, bars, seat, between the larger items. A hardtail wouldn't meet the USPS dimensions.

Good luck!

- ray

·
Mantis, Paramount, Campy
4,749 Posts
Where Is It Going?

That can make a big difference.

Also you might have to cut the box down. Some bike boxes fit within the USPS size requirements and others do not without modification.

If you cannot get it to meet USPS limits then FedEx is usually the next cheapest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.