Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Bollocks
869 Posts
i'm relatively new to the area and have only managed to ride bc a couple of times but i have often wondered what the area looked like prior to the fires? how old are the trails? assuming they were there, does anyone have any pictures [or video, unlikely i know] of the trails when it was forested? or was it much like the untouched areas of gashouse? i can only imagine it had a completely different vibe...

·
Your bike is incorrigible
3,179 Posts
I think I must be the only person to ride Tramway from the top. Unless I see video evidence, then I'll just assume I'm correct.

BTW: I hate the first half of Tramway and think it's just about worthless.

·
Banned
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I must be the only person to ride Tramway from the top. Unless I see video evidence, then I'll just assume I'm correct.

BTW: I hate the first half of Tramway and think it's just about worthless.
Do you mean up or down? I have done it both ways many times, just not worth filming a fall line trail.

·
Banned
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
IMHO it's not worth having a fall line trail. The lower half is ok, but the upper is just bad.

I was just thinking of trails that don't get much attention and thought of Tramway.
Ah. Makes sense and I agree. The other seems to be the upper half of Homestead (north of Rasberry Ridge), where it turns to singletrack. I think that's it. It's a really nice section with trees and meadows (in one of my past videos somewhere). I think most people miss it, because they take Baldy and then up to Miller Gulch to Skipper (if starting and ending in Pine Valley).

·
3,179 Posts
Ah. Makes sense and I agree. The other seems to be the upper half of Homestead (north of Rasberry Ridge), where it turns to singletrack. I think that's it. It's a really nice section with trees and meadows (in one of my past videos somewhere). I think most people miss it, because they take Baldy and then up to Miller Gulch to Skipper (if starting and ending in Pine Valley).
I'll bet not many people take the last few miles of the bike legal CO trail west of the campground.

The worst fall line trail is definitely Buck Gulch. Every time I ride down that thing I think of how it needs to be completely redone, but man what a project that would be!

·
Registered
756 Posts
I'll bet not many people take the last few miles of the bike legal CO trail west of the campground.
...out and back (CT section 4) is where it's @!

The worst fall line trail is definitely Buck Gulch. Every time I ride down that thing I think of how it needs to be completely redone, but man what a project that would be!
Every time I ride UP Buck Gulch I think the same thing.

Prefer to Ride Up Buck to begin the day. Then later finish the day'z ride rollin down Strawberry Jack.

·
3,179 Posts

Prefer to Ride Up Buck to begin the day. Then later finish the day'z ride rollin down Strawberry Jack.
See, I like to ride up the rock section on Strawberry, and I prefer to get Buck Gulch over with as quickly as possible. It's a shame because you can make a nice figure 8 out of Strawberry/Homestead, Charlies/Homestead, Skipper, Buck Gulch. I usually end up doing a couple runs on Charlies.

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
...out and back (CT section 4) is where it's @!

Buck Gulch is the perfect way to start your day. Gets you nice and warmed up, ready to face the day with a smile on your face.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.