Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been contiplainting shin pads lately.Ive been getting into a little rougher stuff and the shins can get real sore.I ride trails,a little urban and some freeridish stuff.Is it owrth buying shin guards? :confused:

·
Registered
142 Posts
well, if you dont like big holes in ur shins.... hmmm..... id say get them, but thats just me.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
let me just say apart from buying a full face my 100 bucks on shinnies was the best spent 100 bicks ever...not that i come off the pedals anymore but they were worth it for thr time when i did...

there was alot of posts about this like i dunno a couple of months ago so i dunno if u do a search ull find anything...but if u wanna know if whats good and whats bad then just ask...

·
n00b eternal
633 Posts
CanadianHooligan said:
Ive been contiplainting shin pads lately.Ive been getting into a little rougher stuff and the shins can get real sore.I ride trails,a little urban and some freeridish stuff.Is it owrth buying shin guards? :confused:
ummm... are you rocking clipless or flats?

·
USB Rep'n
2,413 Posts
yup, shin guards are the way to go. I rarely come off the pedals either but for those few times you do..... You don't need to go overboard either. can find decent ones for under $40.

·
/dev/null
720 Posts
CanadianHooligan said:
Yes.

·
Registered
403 Posts
After seeing two of my friends unzip their shins from the knee to the ankle slipping off flats. I'd say yes. Both were to the bone.

Mike

·
Xtremely Moderate
3,098 Posts
BJ- said:
let me just say apart from buying a full face my 100 bucks on shinnies was the best spent 100 bicks ever...not that i come off the pedals anymore but they were worth it for thr time when i did...

there was alot of posts about this like i dunno a couple of months ago so i dunno if u do a search ull find anything...but if u wanna know if whats good and whats bad then just ask...
Agreed. After I got mine, I wondered why I never got 'em in the 1st place.

Been slashed to the bone on several occasions. Once by a minor, low speed dump on some sharp rocks.

It could have been easily prevented with armor.

Don't leave home w/o 'em.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ummm... are you rocking clipless or flats?
Im riding platforms,so flats.Im probably gonna get some soon.

What brands are good?And how much should i expect to pay?

Thanks alot

·
Xtremely Moderate
3,098 Posts
CanadianHooligan said:
Im riding platforms,so flats.Im probably gonna get some soon.

What brands are good?And how much should i expect to pay?

Thanks alot
I got Roach FR's. Paid $52.00 USD.

·
Xtremely Moderate
3,098 Posts
CanadianHooligan said:
How much is that Canadian?:eek: And what do they look like?

thanks again
Here's the armor. Figure out the exchange rate yourself.
:D

Attachments

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
CanadianHooligan said:
How much is that Canadian?:eek: And what do they look like?

thanks again
it's 69.2480 in canadian. i would get shin guards. i don't really wear them because i'm in fear of falling, but because i don't want to get hit with the pedals. once you are used to your bike it's not a big deal cause you can stick pretty well. if you have pedals that are sharp like mine get shin guards. some 661's are also okay shin guards. good luck.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
ieatsoap said:
I think so.
Riding the pedals I have, (BMW Shinburgers) they are a must!
Can you imaging what would have happened if I did NOT have guards??? :eek:
banshee rider has shinburgers and doesn't wear shin guards. kinda crazy though.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I definitely recommend the Roach FR rally shin/knee pads. I've had mine for about 3 months and I shudder when I look at all the scrapes and gouges on 'em that would have been my skin. It's as much about smacking pedals, fork crowns and stems as it is about crash protection, but the first time you crash and bury a padded knee into a big rock or the pavement you'll be psyched.

·
Team
1,197 Posts
CanadianHooligan said:
YES IT IS!

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think im gonna buy some,I just got 40 bucks from my grandparents soo thats more money for them! :)

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Well kinda like is a helmet worth it?

You may not always need it but when you do...you'll be glad you have one.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts