Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to install a Shimano XTR (M960) cassette on my rear wheel (WTB Lite hub / DT-Swiss 2.0-1.8-2.0 spokes) and the arms that holds the bigger rings hit the spokes... :madman:

Is there a remedy? Put a spacer (it looks like a couple of mm would do it)? But I am concerned about the lock ring then.

Is that a common problem with the XTR cassettes and most hubs?

Thanks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
notenoughtime said:
Similar situation for me. XT cassette on WTB laserdisc lite hub. Tightened down w/o any spacers, and the spider hits the spokes. Need to find a super thin spacer...hope that'll fix the problem.
I thought about the spacer (not been able to find one so far), but I am concerned that it will cause the lockring to engage with too few threads on the other side...

·
Premium Member
48,161 Posts
1FG said:
I tried to install a Shimano XTR (M960) cassette on my rear wheel (WTB Lite hub / DT-Swiss 2.0-1.8-2.0 spokes) and the arms that holds the bigger rings hit the spokes... :madman:

Is there a remedy? Put a spacer (it looks like a couple of mm would do it)? But I am concerned about the lock ring then.

Is that a common problem with the XTR cassettes and most hubs?

Thanks.
The American Classic version of this hub comes with a spacer for this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.