Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently blew out the pawls, splines and bent the skewer in my hope hub.... my i had a spare hub sitting around and laced it to my old wheel shimano Xt disc hub..... long story short DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT SIZE SKEWER IT NEEDS, i had the LBS take care of everything, they installed a 10MM SKEWER, and it seems to have a little play. i dont remember my hope hub having this problem, but then again i cant check since the skewer isnt straight anymore!!
also, i hung onto the hope hub, is it repairable at all? or not worth the $$? i neglected to ask the guys at the LBS, and dont want to look like a fool if its an dumb question.

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
laackund said:
i recently blew out the pawls, splines and bent the skewer in my hope hub.... my i had a spare hub sitting around and laced it to my old wheel shimano Xt disc hub..... long story short DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT SIZE SKEWER IT NEEDS, i had the LBS take care of everything, they installed a 10MM SKEWER, and it seems to have a little play. i dont remember my hope hub having this problem, but then again i cant check since the skewer isnt straight anymore!!
also, i hung onto the hope hub, is it repairable at all? or not worth the $$? i neglected to ask the guys at the LBS, and dont want to look like a fool if its an dumb question.
Don't know about the Hope. The XT is 10mm axle indeed and it's 135mm wide. Might it be your Hope is a 150mm wide hub?? Your skewer should not be loose if you tighten it enough. Shimano skewers can get really tight.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.