Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
NICE! Looks like some nice machine work. ;) You have a good photographer, too.

Just curious - have you used it yet? How well does it shift with those holes in the side of the changer itself (the chrome piece)?

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
BOhNSAI!!! said:
And the best thing about it, it doesn't say shimano on it :D
(snickers) Quick, get a sticker on it!

I hope you don't mind a little friendly/related hi-jack? Has anyone out there ever replaced the steel changer itself (the chrome piece) with an aluminum or carbon piece before? Gotta wonder how much the weight would plumet then!

·
Registered
100 Posts
AndrewTO said:
(snickers) Quick, get a sticker on it!

I hope you don't mind a little friendly/related hi-jack? Has anyone out there ever replaced the steel changer itself (the chrome piece) with an aluminum or carbon piece before? Gotta wonder how much the weight would plumet then!
Not at all. Actually I've never had any problems with any of my shimano FDs. Just wish there were alternatives (SRAM doesn't count, to heavy!) to start a weight weenie war.

A carbon cage would be totally sweet! Wouldn't know how well they'd hold up. Campy's using them now though.

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
Nice

Extra bling points for a solid polish job with a tube of simchrome or similar alu polish. The added bonus is that it leaves a layer of stuff that keeps it from oxidizing.

I did my fixie cranks with similar stuff, and they look purdy.

That is a really nice dremel job. Makes me wanna spend a bunch of time shaving grams.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pimpbot said:
Extra bling points for a solid polish job with a tube of simchrome or similar alu polish. The added bonus is that it leaves a layer of stuff that keeps it from oxidizing.

I did my fixie cranks with similar stuff, and they look purdy.

That is a really nice dremel job. Makes me wanna spend a bunch of time shaving grams.
1) Polish it is very hard.
2) I used a spray transparent varnish.
3) It's a 2000 euro's "dremel". :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.