Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the new outboard bearings, and 3 piece setup axle, do you think the new XT's can handle dh/fr/trail workout. Im looken for the lightest/strongest setup there is, but no XTR. Can i get an Evil chainguide on it? I like Truvativ stuff, but i wanna try some outboard bearings, whats the new RaceFace setup, not the Diablos, dont they make a lighter type set?

·
/dev/null
720 Posts
bighitboy said:
With the new outboard bearings, and 3 piece setup axle, do you think the new XT's can handle dh/fr/trail workout. Im looken for the lightest/strongest setup there is, but no XTR. Can i get an Evil chainguide on it? I like Truvativ stuff, but i wanna try some outboard bearings, whats the new RaceFace setup, not the Diablos, dont they make a lighter type set?
FWIW, the older style XT cranksets & BBs were one of the best strength:weight ratios available... I wouldn't hesitate to give a new style crankset a thrashing as long as you're not particularly heavy or really hard on your gear.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.