Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where piston seals can be obtained? A piston was sticking and after removing the piston to clean, I noticed the black inner seal was kind of torn.
It’s pretty known that aftermarket brake parts like pistons are not available (unless through China outlets) but being these are seals or rings, are there other places to go? Thanks!

· always licking the glass
4,428 Posts
i guess it's not much of a big deal if you don't go expensive calipers. But damn, not selling parts for new xt or xtr is criminal giving the prices
I get the supply shortages too but their 12 XT brakes and shifters have been fragile like XTR was 12 or so years ago. It's been horrible how easy this stuff breaks for what goes on a mountain bike.

· Read Only
3,005 Posts
I get the supply shortages too but their 12 XT brakes and shifters have been fragile like XTR was 12 or so years ago. It's been horrible how easy this stuff breaks for what goes on a mountain bike.
I've found that is just the opposite. It has been set it and forget it, where the SRAM brakes I have require frequent attention.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.