Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm looking for a rigid fork for my new build (AIR9) and was just wondering if anyone has seen or tried the new Shimano Pro carbon 29 fork. Any other fork suggestions would be good aswell.
Thanks
Derek

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
I've seen it in the flesh. It , as rockcrusher says, looks identical to a White Brothers Rocksolid. I am almost certain it is from the same company that makes White Brothers, Fetish, Origin 8, et al...

Is the PRO fork in a 29"er specific axle to crown? Last I checked it was a rather shortish length. I want to say 440mm, or something like that.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Screw all that! Seriously, WAIT FOR THE CARBON NINER FORK. It was specifically made for use with the AIR9. It will be for sale early Spring. In the meantime use whatever. It is absolutely GORGEOUS and Super Strong.

PF

·
Banned
822 Posts
PanFry said:
Screw all that! Seriously, WAIT FOR THE CARBON NINER FORK. It was specifically made for use with the AIR9. It will be for sale early Spring. In the meantime use whatever. It is absolutely GORGEOUS and Super Strong.

PF
Someone has had a bit too much Kool-Aid.

It's a fork, dude.

·
Registered
753 Posts
gosh I am sorry...

duke of kent said:
Someone has had a bit too much Kool-Aid.

It's a fork, dude.
God forbid someone displays their passion for all things bike on an internet bike forum.

No need to be a pecker.

PF

·
Registered
753 Posts
you are the man.

duke of kent said:
I love bikes too.

But I'm not blinded by my love for a brand, or wheel size.

And I don't assume that because a fork has a name slapped on it, it's superior.
I am impressed by your unbiased AWESOMENESS.

Seriously, you rock.

PF

·
808+909 = Party Good Time
2,072 Posts
PanFry said:
sorry to the OP for this nonsense.

PF
I don't know about others but it's this stuff that is the reason 29er and SS MTBR forums are my dead set favorite forums on the entire inter webs... excellent tech knowledge + 29er + SS + sarcasm + nonsense = good day at the office...

just found my own piccys... thanks all :)

·
Registered
753 Posts
while at least 4 different companies (maybe make this 5 now?) are re-stickering the same fork from the same factory - Niner actually is making an all carbon fork from the ground up. I sure haven't seen anything remotely close in design anywhere. So I can say with total confidence that this is not "re-badged" run of the mill garbage.

PF

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.