Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! My new bike will have a shimano press fit BB and I would like to upgrade the SLX crankset. I was thinking perhaps XT. I was also wondering if any other crankset (raceface?) could fit with shimano press fit BB? I'm looking to save weight.

Thanks for your answers

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
Yes, any Shimano or RaceFace crankset should fit

That said, the SLX bare crank arms are lighter than the XT arms. The lower weight of the XT (and many other high end cranksets) is in the rings and the chainring bolts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The SLX arms are lighter than the XT? I thought the XT was lighter in everything (arm and rings) ? Then perhaps I should keep the SLX and upgrade the rings to XT when the LX rings will be worns. What others crank arms (lighter than SLX) would fit on shimano rings (3x10) and shimano press fit BB ? I have a raceface deus crankset at home (3x9).

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
xtremgirl said:
The SLX arms are lighter than the XT? I thought the XT was lighter in everything (arm and rings) ? Then perhaps I should keep the SLX and upgrade the rings to XT when the LX rings will be worns. What others crank arms (lighter than SLX) would fit on shimano rings (3x10) and shimano press fit BB ? I have a raceface deus crankset at home (3x9).
Yep, and here is proof! The small weight difference between the complete cranksets mostly comes down to just the steel granny ring on the SLX and the aluminum granny ring on the XT

an external BB Deus should fit too

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.