Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
NormalNorm
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have magura julies that I need to be bled. I don't have any Magura Royal Blood oil, but I do have Shimano mineral oil. Are both pretty much the same thing, and will it cause any harm to my brakes?

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
norm said:
I have magura julies that I need to be bled. I don't have any Magura Royal Blood oil, but I do have Shimano mineral oil. Are both pretty much the same thing, and will it cause any harm to my brakes?
If you buy the service kit for Maguras, it'll come with some Blood. Enough for some bleeds on both brakes. You'll need the kit anyway to bleed them.

If you already have the kit and ran out of Blood, I would get some more Blood.

Both are oils and designed not to damage the seals. But, none of the two makers state what's the oil weight of it. Magura is more sincere saying it's around 10wt... but who knows what Shimano is?

Depending if the oil is more viscous or less you can experience fade due to boiling or a very bad lever feel and slow return.

I'd go for some more blood in your case. Both are around the same price and the Blood is the right tool for the job.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.