Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a kona process 134 & am wondering how long it should take to run the brakes in?

Or should they work out of the box?

On my first ride they felt a little under powered, so have assumed they need some time to produce the goods

T.I.A

Sent from my i9100 Warbird

·
DFMBA.org
1,935 Posts
Usually you bed-in your brakes which takes all of 10 minutes then you're ready to go. That said, I had a set of these on a new Stache 6 and they were way underpowered, almost to the point of being dangerous. I never bled them b/c I sold the bike but that's what I would try first. From my experience I wouldn't expect too much from these.

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
Actually the bedding process can take a bit more than 10 minutes. Often it will take multiple rides to fully bed in a new set of disc brakes. With that said, they should improve over 5 or 6 rides, depending on ride length, braking technique, etc. However, as MTBeing noted, the M505 is not a top of the line brake, and, depending on the application, may not produce the best performance even when fully bedded. So keep your expectations reasonable.

Good Dirt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.