Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I am a pathetic rider...
644 Posts
Evolve what? I just received an Evolve DH and it looks very well made, adn teh BB's are both external and fairly reliable, I don't think you could go wrong with either one, so just go with the one that matches your bike better, unless you have an easton/Sram build, then you could be screwed :p

·
local trails rider
12,300 Posts
LX works the same as XT, Saint, etc.

I've been running LX (Hollowtech 2) on two singlespeed bikes and they do what they are supposed to do, with no issues.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Dude, go for the LX, way better interface as someone above said AND if you act fast you can get a set of LX in 175mm for under $80 from Chain Reaction - can't beat that price.

·
Banned
16,457 Posts
I also want to throw in another into the mix- SLX, as well as Truvativ's new Stylos. I got the 2.2 with the bashring just recently. My gf has been on an outboard Stylo since 05 and it's worked pretty well. I like the interface and it's pretty solid. I think my set with BB cost like 81€. One bolt securing and extraction and I've never had a crankarm come loose.

·
sweet!
260 Posts
A couple weeks ago I ordered the LX Hollowtech II crankset from Chain Reaction Cycle for 52 quid, I've had them on my bike for a week now, they are simply brilliant. They are lite weight and I now shift between my front chainrings via telepathy, they shift that good. GET THEM while you can you won't be disappointed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.