Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
match as best as you can where you want the shifter to sit. then test fit alot. the only thing i would do differently is know where you want your shifter to be. for me, i didnt need to grind as much as i did. also pick up some grey and black model/hobby paint to cover up the grind marks.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cool, so you only use the aluminum arm and not the cover that it comes with, correct?

and then you adapt the arm to your existing 9speed cover?

Is it possible to grind material off the arm instead of the cover?

·
Registered
126 Posts
cool, so you only use the aluminum arm and not the cover that it comes with, correct?

and then you adapt the arm to your existing 9speed cover?

Is it possible to grind material off the arm instead of the cover?
yes only the arm not the cover and yes adapt it to the 9spd cover.

you can grind the arm. to me, your grinding away the strength of the arm. there is less material on the cover, which makes it alot easier to grind.

·
Registered
126 Posts
the area in white is where you need to start grinding.

this picture gives an over view idea where arm sits on the cover.

this picture is a side by side of the 9spd cover (on the right) and the 10 spd cover (on the left).

if you are going to attempt this, grind off alittle alittle at a time and test fit alot. take your time doing this. I used a demel with a small cut off wheel and a small box file to clean everything up. i hope this information helps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.