Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there are any other freehubs that have better engagment (more pawls) than a standard XT freehub that is interchangable? I want to replace my freehub but not the whole hub. Does an XTR have more engagement? Leads would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
485 Posts
not true

snaky69 said:
XTR Is meant for XC racing. I wouldn't use it on a DH bike.
XTR is designed to be ultralightweight but it is also very strong and will work just great for DH applications. Show me where it says it cant be used for DH?

·
MTBR member since 1998
185 Posts
If you decide to replace the whole hub, I'd look at Industry 9. Great, great wheels and hubs, super fast engagement, and Fred there is a super hard core rider. We are specing them on one of our build kits, and Noel has been hammering a set for a while with great results.
Tim...nothing says bling like I9.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That sucks that there are no aftermarket freehubs that can mount to a Shimano hub. I am sure the I9's are nice but it isn't a big enough deal to me to have the better engagement to go through the hassle and expense of a new wheel/rebuild. I was hoping for a quick/cheap fix. :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.