Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found a set of these cranks i can get cheap_new-never used comes with a 4 bolt spider. I think it might work well for a singlespeed set up. So those in the know, is there an aftermarket spider i can run to use Spot or Boone chainrings? Any alternative to the Shimano M-952 Bottom Bracket? anything i should consider if i run this setup?

Thanks.

·
orthonormal
5,261 Posts
Ilegal said:
i found a set of these cranks i can get cheap_new-never used comes with a 4 bolt spider. I think it might work well for a singlespeed set up. So those in the know, is there an aftermarket spider i can run to use Spot or Boone chainrings? Any alternative to the Shimano M-952 Bottom Bracket? anything i should consider if i run this setup?

Thanks.
The M-950 BB is stiffer and lighter than the M-952 but is not sealed. It's also hard to find.

Shimano makes a 5-arm 74/110mm BCD spider.

·
orthonormal
5,261 Posts
Ilegal said:

Thanks.
Check out this puppy (not my auction).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.