Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am upgrading to Disc and have come across a set of XT shifter/levers and two Saint calipers. My problem is that Both calipers are Front calipers. One is a 8" boxer mount caliper and the other is a 8" 51mm mount caliper. I am puting these on a bike with 51mm F&R and 6" rotors. Are these calipers Identical. I have not received them yet and am planning on getting some 6" 51mm adapters and goodrich hoses. Also are these 6" 51mm adapters the same through the models (XT,XTR,LX,Hone) I got a good deal and hate to pass them up $50 each brand new with the rotors, I plan on selling the rotors to offset the caliper cost. I got the Shifters for $70 brand new. Anyone Help me out?

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
chruby99 said:
I am upgrading to Disc and have come across a set of XT shifter/levers and two Saint calipers. My problem is that Both calipers are Front calipers. One is a 8" boxer mount caliper and the other is a 8" 51mm mount caliper. I am puting these on a bike with 51mm F&R and 6" rotors. Are these calipers Identical. I have not received them yet and am planning on getting some 6" 51mm adapters and goodrich hoses. Also are these 6" 51mm adapters the same through the models (XT,XTR,LX,Hone) I got a good deal and hate to pass them up $50 each brand new with the rotors, I plan on selling the rotors to offset the caliper cost. I got the Shifters for $70 brand new. Anyone Help me out?
That's a good price. The calipers should be the same for the front and rear, you'll just need to purchase the proper adaptors.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool thanks

XSL_WiLL said:
That's a good price. The calipers should be the same for the front and rear, you'll just need to purchase the proper adaptors.
I cant see them making a front and rear specific.The part # for all their calipers seem to be the same. That is what I was hoping . Thanks Will

1 - 3 of 3 Posts