Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently blew out the pawls, splines and bent the skewer in my hope hub.... my i had a spare hub sitting around and laced it to my old wheel shimano Xt disc hub..... long story short DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT SIZE SKEWER IT NEEDS, i had the LBS take care of everything, they installed a 10MM SKEWER, and it seems to have a little play. i dont remember my hope hub having this problem, but then again i cant check since the skewer isnt straight anymore!!
also, i hung onto the hope hub, is it repairable at all? or not worth the $$? i neglected to ask the guys at the LBS, and dont want to look like a fool if its an dumb question.

·
Registered
261 Posts
laackund said:
i recently blew out the pawls, splines and bent the skewer in my hope hub.... my i had a spare hub sitting around and laced it to my old wheel shimano Xt disc hub..... long story short DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT SIZE SKEWER IT NEEDS, i had the LBS take care of everything, they installed a 10MM SKEWER, and it seems to have a little play. i dont remember my hope hub having this problem, but then again i cant check since the skewer isnt straight anymore!!
also, i hung onto the hope hub, is it repairable at all? or not worth the $$? i neglected to ask the guys at the LBS, and dont want to look like a fool if its an dumb question.
The skewers are the same. Does the hub have play in the axle or does the skewer rattle around in the axle? Hope hubs are repairable. Give Hope a call. http://www.hopetech.com/

·
Code Burr
1,382 Posts
laackund said:
Did you ever change the grease out?
I've seen a Bulb blow out like that after 4 years of neglect.
Hope repaired it for free.
Call them. Do not email them.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I hear that!

thebronze said:
Call them. Do not email them.
They're not real good about answering the emails. Other than that the customer service is pretty good.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mtnpedaler.com said:
The skewers are the same. Does the hub have play in the axle or does the skewer rattle around in the axle? Hope hubs are repairable. Give Hope a call. http://www.hopetech.com/
the hub is sound... winter just ended up in grand forks nd, so i havnt had much of a chance to put use to it yet. when i put the axel into the hub, it seems to have space to move laterally within the hub... if that is what you were asking. length wise its perfect, im just not sure if its diameter is too small....((sette ti skewer)??? i still have the hope hub in the front, and its skewer doestn seem to have the same amount of space...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.