·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From my point of view is:
1- heavy than my 7900 F/R derailleurs w/Nobu shifters + i links
2- damn expensive
3- custom shifters needed
4- it's could be really cool, great, fast and silent shifting!

In the bottom line i think it doesn't worth the investing of 1800 -2000$ on it !?

What do you guys think about that?

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
There were plenty of Di2 bike at P/R...and the Shimano sponsored guys use it in cross....it has been working very well.
Not the lightest...but works well enough that Pro's want it.
But it doesn't really exist yet for mtb's ( except for a few experiments out there)...so the point is moot

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the mayor said:
There were plenty of Di2 bike at P/R...and the Shimano sponsored guys use it in cross....it has been working very well.
Not the lightest...but works well enough that Pro's want it.
But it doesn't really exist yet for mtb's ( except for a few experiments out there)...so the point is moot
Why experiments? I already run DA 7900 RD+FR with 2x9 setup, without any problems and all the drivetrain works perfect!
So why do you think Di2 would not work good as my current "mechanical Dura Ace 7900"?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hand/of/Midas said:
Exactly!

For being such a pure raw human form of power, seems like some people have lost what cycling really is.

I'm glad you understand it too.
The electric drivetrain does not make you any faster...it simply makes the shifting better

·
Registered
182 Posts
indian fire trail said:
Epic-o, no lo has entenido...
Si...mira que llevar cambio electronico cambia la potencia que desarrollas en la bici

Que se compre un cuentakilometros a manivela...

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
For MTB, wouldn't the shifters be lighter? Essentially just little buttons.

I'm definitely not going to try it anytime soon (due to $$$), but I'm always curious to see what new stuff these companies can create.

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
ohadamirov said:
Why experiments? I already run DA 7900 RD+FR with 2x9 setup, without any problems and all the drivetrain works perfect!
So why do you think Di2 would not work good as my current "mechanical Dura Ace 7900"?
It's not that its a road group. I'm all for that. I use some Road parts too.

I'm not for the Electric aspect of DI2. At all.

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Epic-o said:
The electric drivetrain does not make you any faster...it simply makes the shifting better
This similar as saying an Automatic car gives the same driving experience as a manual car.

Don't turn bikes into a automatic ferrari. that's just wrong.

Obviously the DI2 isnt automatic shifting, but it is less organic and natural, and IMO hinders the experience of biking.....but FWIW sometimes i say the same about gears in general, and do some Fixed Gear Centuries.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts