Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ribblecycles.co.uk has a 10% code for Shimano (CASH10) and free shipping to the US for $99+ orders.

And after months and months of showing "not in stock" on some of their best priced items, it looks like they finally got some inventory.

M675 cranks, Double or Triple, w/ BB, for $99. If you prefer XT, they have those for $136.

Several other good deals on Shimano stuff too: SLX brakes $120/pair. XT brakes $150/pair. XTR pedals $85.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got a link to your $150?
You need to tweak the currency and destination settings at the top of the page and it should show $165 as the price. Then after entering CASH10 in your basket, they should be $148.50.

I agree this is a total steal. Even includes the finned pads. The one detail I don't know is the I-Spec version (A or B) but that's not a deal breaker.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good point on the normal/moto set up. But assuming you'll shorten the housing, then it doesn't matter, you just swap the levers during the shortening (and given the generous length of the Shimano stock housing, its almost certain you will be shortening).

There are some really over the top deals to be had here. Chains and cassettes are stupid cheap, so this is a great opportunity just to stock up on consumables. Or how about a full SLX gruppo for $370 (cranks, brakes, f/r ders, shifters, rotors). Makes me want to build yet another bike just to take advantage of the deals!

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Spend money to save money: the oldest trick in the marketing handbook!

This has me wishing my X0 Trails sucked a little more...the XTs are better, but I don't *need* new brakes.

A Reverb Stealth on the other hand...

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I added all the individual SLX parts (f/r der, shifters, cranks, chain, cassette, brakes, but NO rotors) and the total after 10% discount was $367 shipped.

For anyone riding an older 9-sp drivetrain, without 36T cog or clutch rear der, I would make this purchase in an instant.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
I added all the individual SLX parts (f/r der, shifters, cranks, chain, cassette, brakes, but NO rotors) and the total after 10% discount was $367 shipped.

For anyone riding an older 9-sp drivetrain, without 36T cog or clutch rear der, I would make this purchase in an instant.
You could add the upgraded rotors for $50 too, though I don't know if the RT76 is the ice tech version everyone loves so much. Great deal.

Edit: I've never heard of this site before. Anybody use it and got any ideas on what kind of shipping time to the US we are talking about?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Edit: I've never heard of this site before. Anybody use it and got any ideas on what kind of shipping time to the US we are talking about?
I've used them twice. Shipping times were quick (less than 10 days from order to in my hands). Only surprise was some bar tape that was different than the item description; when I inquired, they just credited me the price.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You could add the upgraded rotors for $50 too, though I don't know if the RT76 is the ice tech version everyone loves so much. Great deal.
RT76 are pretty good rotors, with an alloy spider. At $22 after the coupon code, they're good value. But they aren't Ice Tech. Unfortunately, Ribble doesn't have any Ice Tech rotors. They've got some great deals, but their inventory is sort of inconsistent (Very little XTR level stuff. No suspension forks. Etc).

1 - 20 of 106 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.