Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking around for a new crankset for my bike, and it seems there aren't alot of Shimano mid grade two piece cranksets to be had out there. I'm talking about the deore lineup.
Every place I go online the stock seems to have been picked over pretty good. All that's left is either the high end stuff or 170mm crank arm size only.

At this time of the year, does Shimano slack off on supplying in anticipation of the 2010 lineup or is it always difficult to get their low to mid cranksets?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the link, but I'm really searching for the integrated bb type. It seems to simplify things by not having to worry about or search for the proper bb spindle length.

I have looked at Cambria and they have what I want but I'm a little leery about those guys. From what I have heard they promise, then can't or won't deliver.

I generally limit my shopping to ebay or jensen. I hope the "out of stock" situations I've run into is a holiday thing.

·
Super Moderator
6,787 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like I'll get the one Zachariah ordered me to get. Even though it's a few bucks more than the others and without free shipping, I will trust a U.S. based Top Seller first.

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
sthard said:
Overseas purchase with free shipping? Sounds like a scam to me. Can I trust overseas purchases?
If you're going to spend almost $100 anyways and want to buy from a US seller, try the LX for $99 at Jenson? http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/CR303A00-Shimano+Lx+Fc-M582+Crankset.aspx. Especially if you need some other stuff or need it quickly...but true it will cost plus shipping (and tax if you're in California).

As to buying from an overseas seller, bought a flashlight from one in Hong Kong once, no problems. Buying a Shimano part from France or Israel doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but international logistics have made shipping small packages like that a lot cheaper (at least over the years since I left the biz), but I'd sure look into how much history (been around a while, large number of sales) the sellers have at a minimum.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.