Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm putting together a bike for the first time, and I'm getting components together, so I had some questions about shifter/derailleur compatibility. I'm planing on buying 2008 XT Shifters (SL-M770), a 2008 XT Rear Derailleur (RD-M771), and a 2008 XT Low Clamp Rear Derailleur (FD-M770) (Dual Pull Type). Would these be suitable for eachother? Thanks :D

·
wyrd bið ful ãræd
1,725 Posts
yes they will work together ...

check that your waterbottle clamp bolts on the seattube will not get in the way of your front derailleur ... frame should spec for this ...

note that the rear derailleur you have selected is a high normal and so when you press on the thumb shifter, the chain will go from the smallest cog to the larger ...

·
Vaginatarian
5,686 Posts
yashayashayasha said:
I'm putting together a bike for the first time, and I'm getting components together, so I had some questions about shifter/derailleur compatibility. I'm planing on buying 2008 XT Shifters (SL-M770), a 2008 XT Rear Derailleur (RD-M771), and a 2008 XT Low Clamp Rear Derailleur (FD-M770) (Dual Pull Type). Would these be suitable for eachother? Thanks :D
FD-M770 is a front deraillier, you listed it as rear. The front deraillier clamp style is dependant on the frame and wont work on every frame. youll need to check the manufacturers site for that info

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.