Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what I've been reading on here and elsewhere it seems that Shimano cables and housings are the way to go. More specifically the SP41 housing and the Optislick cables.

Is the new XTR M9000 shifter cable set basically just that? It seems that the housing is the SP41 housing but I'm having trouble determining if the cable in the set is the Optislick cable or not. Is it better to just source the housing and cable separately? I don't know if it matter but most online retailers I've been searching list the Optislick cable under the road bike section. Is there really any difference?

I would be using the set for my Sram Eagle 12 speed and dropper post.

Thanks

·
damned rocks...
2,640 Posts
The XTR you are seeing probably is shipped with the polymer coating, apparently is even better then the optislick.
I use the optislick for shifter and dropper and see no reason to upgrade, but some people may want/need even less friction on the cable.

·
damned rocks...
2,640 Posts
Don't recall by how much they claim the polymer coating (black) is superior to the optislick (greenish), but for me wasn't enough to justify paying double for something like 5% less friction.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.