Shimano M7100 SLX 12spd shifter

with

Shimano M7100 SLX 12spd Cassette

with

Shimano M8000 XT 11spd Derailluer?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Everything I've read indicates no. The m8000 and m8100/m9100 series are new cable pull lengths.
Weird is that the new shifters ARE compatible with SRAM 11 and 12sp derailleurs.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've just updated my XTR 11Spd gear train (IBIS HD3) to 12spd using
XT 12spd shifter
an XTR 11spd rear mech.
12spd SRAM GX cassette.

I used the GX 12spd cassette as I have a number of Hope XD driver hub wheels and Shimano wont license Hope to make microspline drivers :/ .
I could have gone SRAM shifter /mech but I like the shimano shifters and had a very serviceable XTR r11spd mech (plus a spare new one!) so wanted to see if these would work with the XT 12spd shifter pull.
Just finished fiddling with set up and took it for a spin around the garden so shifting under load was limited to the 50T cog and next 3 gears. All seems to be good. Will test more tomorrow. I think the old 11spd XTR rear mech is approaching its mechanical limit with a 50T cassette but seems to be shifting up onto it ok sofar.
I had previously ran the Hope 11spd 10-50 rear cassette with the XTR 11spd kit but shifting was borderline crap with hanging shifts up or down the block, where as on a SRAM 10-42 11spd cassette it was slick as butter.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I've just updated my XTR 11Spd gear train (using SRAM 11spd cassette) to 12spd using
XT 12spd shifter
an XTR 11spd rear mech (had as spare new one so thought it worth using)
with 12spd SRAM GX cassette. As I have a number of Hope XD driver hub wheels and Shimano wont license hope to make microspline drivers :/.
Just fiddled with set up and took it for a spin around the garden so shifting under load was limited to the 50T and next 3 gears. All seems to be good. Will test more tomorrow. I think the old 11spd XTR rear mech is approaching its mechanical limit with a 50T cassette but seems to be shifting up onto it ok sofar.
That's pretty cool to know.

What makes it strange is that old SRAM and Shimano shifter/derailleur combos were apparently not compatible.

New XTR shifter IS compatible with SRAM derailleurs according to a few videos I've seen.

Nice to know that it looks like we are finally getting to where we might be able to pick mech we want with shifter we want n not get bogged down by brand on that end...

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.