Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I just bought a HD4 with 12speed NX that does not work very well.
Is there any source or rumour about the conversion free hub body that would make it possible to go shimano 12speed with Ibis Hubs?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did you ever get anywhere with this?

I have the Ibis 942 wheels with Ibis hubs and switched my NX Eagle to GX Eagle cassette on day 1 via their xD driver for the hubs but the NX mech is rubbish.

I've ordered Shimano 12 speed XT shifter and SLX 12 speed Mech. Hoping it'll work on the GX Eagle cassette. Some people say it does.

I'm interested in getting the Ibis hub micro spline freehub (if / when it exists) so I can switch to a Shimano 12 cassette when Eagle is worn out.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As mentioned in another thread + what I heard form Ibis excellent customer service ."We should have the microspline hub bodies in our online store by the end of October. "

·
Registered
4 Posts
MS only comes on the newer rims, is Ibis saying they're making MS FH's for older rims??? Would be nice since I have the 738's, otherwise will convert to XT with an old shimano FH (got one for $35 ebay) or stay with GX which has been a problem from day one 😡

·
bike rider
5,569 Posts
MS only comes on the newer rims, is Ibis saying they're making MS FH's for older rims??? Would be nice since I have the 738's, otherwise will convert to XT with an old shimano FH (got one for $35 ebay) or stay with GX which has been a problem from day one 😡
The freehub has nothing to do with rims and I've not seen or heard about any change to Ibis hubs so when they have a microspline freehub it will work on their older wheelsets.

·
No Clue Crew
7,593 Posts
The freehub has nothing to do with rims and I've not seen or heard about any change to Ibis hubs so when they have a microspline freehub it will work on their older wheelsets.
I don't THINK this is right, but I'm not sure. I believe the newest wheelsets (i.e., the S35) have different hubs than the older ones (i.e, 938s). In fact, Ibis sells freehub bodies on their site and specifies they're for new wheels only, not older.

I could be wrong, though.

·
Registered
350 Posts
New in the webshop is likely the current hubs, the same as 942/742/938/738. wheelsets. These freehubs has been in their webshop long before the new wheelsets was announced. A couple of years ago there was another hub, it's why it says for the new hubs.

·
No Clue Crew
7,593 Posts
You might be right. I bought an XD driver from the shop for the newest S35 wheelset. The hubs are 4-pawl and I thought I remembered the old ones were different. I'm likely wrong, though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
FYI, even though they aren't on the website, they are available, at least on complete wheelsets. I just got a set of S35 alloy wheels with Micro Spline from my local shop. Ordered Monday, and have them in my hands today.

·
Registered
499 Posts
FYI, even though they aren't on the website, they are available, at least on complete wheelsets. I just got a set of S35 alloy wheels with Micro Spline from my local shop. Ordered Monday, and have them in my hands today.
Good to know. Strangely the website lists the carbon rims (s35 carbon and s28 carbon) as having a microspline option, but the alloy S35 and 933 without. The S35 carbon also have a 7 year hub warranty while all the others are 2 years.

https://www.ibiscycles.com/wheels/details/?wheelset=859

·
Registered
191 Posts
Just installed the MS freehub on my s35s. Helpful hint: make sure you take the little chrome ring off of the lockring before you install it or it will not tighten fully. Don' t ask me how I know :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.