Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
always licking the glass
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of curiosity, what are the Shimano 12 speed hub options these days? Last I saw, only Shimano and one other company (I9 or DT Swiss, can't remember) are doing the Shimano 12 speed driver.

Is anyone else coming out with one, or are the options just going to be limited?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Shimano
DT Swiss
Industry Nine
Mavic

So Shimano has to allow companies to license the MicroSpline and they’re very slowly rolling it out. I know that White Industries and Chris King both have designs ready to go (and probably many more), just waiting on Shimano.

·
since 4/10/2009
31,529 Posts
Shimano recently announced a "budget" hubset for microspline recently, so they have at least a couple models now. DT was the first non-shimano. Then I9. Looks like the release is starting to pick up some steam. I suspect Shimano wanted availability of its product to be better before adding more mfrs.

·
Registered
626 Posts
On Instagram today I asked Shimano when they’re gonna let me buy a MicroSpline from Chris King and they replied “it’s not in our scope yet”. Someone else asked about Stans hubs and they said “we’re not able to share any kind of information at this moment”.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts