Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Weight Weenie Shop Owner
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new 05 K2 Arcadia that has been converted slighty as a commuter/baby trailer hauler/coffee runner.

The Bike came with Vittoria Randonneur 26 x 1.75 tires. I switched them out to Schwalbe Marathon 2006 2.0 tires ;).

Do you think a 1.75 size will roll faster for longer commutes? These marathon 2006 roll really sweet and I fgured that the 2.0 are better for pot holes and jumping off curbs, etc.

You think the RR is minimal between a 1.75 and 2.0? The 06 marathon does not come in a 1.5 and I think that will be too small anyways.

I thouhgts are stick with the 2.0, but if the 1.75 are easier to spin and just a smmoth for bumps then stick with them.

Thansk!

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
DIRT BOY said:
I bought a new 05 K2 Arcadia that has been converted slighty as a commuter/baby trailer hauler/coffee runner.

The Bike came with Vittoria Randonneur 26 x 1.75 tires. I switched them out to Schwalbe Marathon 2006 2.0 tires ;).

Do you think a 1.75 size will roll faster for longer commutes? These marathon 2006 roll really sweet and I fgured that the 2.0 are better for pot holes and jumping off curbs, etc.

You think the RR is minimal between a 1.75 and 2.0? The 06 marathon does not come in a 1.5 and I think that will be too small anyways.

I thouhgts are stick with the 2.0, but if the 1.75 are easier to spin and just a smmoth for bumps then stick with them.

Thansk!
I would stick with the 2.0.
But if you want a fast, smooth, lively ride and do not need extra puncture resistance grab the Super Moto. It can still deal with potholes and curbs.

·
Weight Weenie Shop Owner
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those are HUGE right?

I was worried that they would be too big!

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
DIRT BOY said:
I was worried that they would be too big!
Only too big if they will not fit in your bike. I have the specs you-know-where.

They will roll better than the Marathons. Evolution casing, lighter, better road tread.

·
Weight Weenie Shop Owner
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yah, I menat if they will fit the bke...

I guess I will have to measure and see. I am not worried about the back as it's a MTB frame, but the Spinner Odessa fork might be to narrow.
If I convert it to a rigid fork (surly), I will have more room probaly.

I will measure and give K2 a buzz to see what they say.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts