Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
yorkshire mud monkey
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hope someone can help me, ive replaced my rear mech from a sram to a 952 xtr 9speed,new inner and outer cables. all set right but it skips sometime, with the sram rear mech it was fine iam just wondering if its a compatability issue with the sram shifters, as ive set up many bikes but this issue is a odd one.

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
from what I recall, Sram Shifters are not compatable with Shimano - rear der only. Unless you have Sram Attack shifters...

·
yorkshire mud monkey
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ohh bugger well looks like 952 shifters too then ;)

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Sram and Shimano derailleur (mech to the brits) systems are not compatible. Shimano cable pull ratios are 1:1 while sram are 2:1, so your current arrangement should shift almost two gears per click.

Sram offers 1:1 shifters made for Shimano, or you can buy original Shimano, but as things stand now, you'll have to change either the RD, or the shifters to match each other.

·
Registered
86 Posts
FBinNY said:
Sram and Shimano derailleur (mech to the brits) systems are not compatible. Shimano cable pull ratios are 1:1 while sram are 2:1, so your current arrangement should shift almost two gears per click.

Sram offers 1:1 shifters made for Shimano, or you can buy original Shimano, but as things stand now, you'll have to change either the RD, or the shifters to match each other.
im pretty sure you have that backwards. SRAM is 1:1, shimano is 2:1

http://www.sram.com/en/srammountain/technologies/index.php?tech=oneone

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts