Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Live 2 Ride
6,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can these be removed from the shifter? I'm running deore 9 speed shifters. i really don't need to know what gear I'm in. If they are removed what would I put on top to protect the shifters from the weather?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Kona0197 said:
Can these be removed from the shifter? I'm running deore 9 speed shifters. i really don't need to know what gear I'm in. If they are removed what would I put on top to protect the shifters from the weather?
Hi, my first post.

IIRC, Deore indicators are moulded into the top cover of the brake lever and therefore cannot be removed. LX and higher, are different as their indictor pods are seperate items which are attached with 2 screws. There's a PDF diagram at Shimano which may clarify this.

Maybe not what you wanted to hear, but I hope it helps.

·
Derailleurless
9,122 Posts
Remove? Wow, you're living on the edge. :D

No sh1t, there's this roadie I met at the trailhead. We both stop and chat. I notice he has two computers on his handlebars.

What's the two computers for asks I.

Speed and elevation says he, pointing to #1, and my Shimano Flight Deck -- to tell me what gear I'm in.

(?!?!?!)

·
Live 2 Ride
6,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
guess I will just ignore them as usual. BTW i've heard of the Shimano flight deck stuff. It sounds interesting. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.