Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I had quite a nice Fall the other day, and My shifter was really messed up, I think I can fix it I just need a part, does anybody Have any Idea where I might source the part.

Pictures explane better than words can. 1st pic is what it looks like after my little excursion off the trail, and 2nd is the other shifter that one didn't get hurt at all.

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
The only source for....

Shimano parts is Shimano, and they don't sell direct. You'll have to go to, or contact a Shimano dealer and have them order the part for you. Most shops are Shimano dealers so it shouldn't be a problem finding one.

Good Dirt

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm, I went to my local shop to see if they could get the part for me, they phoned shimano and said that they couldn't send one. The man at the shop then said he would phone every month and ask for the part.

Next time I have a chance I'll have to find other shops that are hopefully more freindly with shimano.

A whole new shifter is going to cost a hell of allot, and I can't leave it like that it'll get full of dirt and bits of tree and stuff (I fall quite allot).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have tryed that, but because of the way the Deore LX shifter work, the tape would need to stretch, and contract without falling off, or warping. To shift I have to push the whole brake leaver down or flick it up. so the whole control moves around allot, the tape would have to stay still on one side and move on the other side. Sorry i didn't explain it very well.

I suppose I could have another go with attacking it with duck tape or sothing like that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts