Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Shimano Alivia shift levers on my Giant Stance. I'm starting to have problems with my thumbs. Even though it doesn't seem that it takes much pressure to shift, shifting my bike makes it much worse. Is it possible to change the shifters to a higher end model without changing the drive train? From the research that I've done so far, I've learned that I should change out the cables and casings, since the bike is two years old, and they haven't been changed yet. But aside from changing the cables, would a shifter upgrade be an improvement? Is it feasible? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

BTW, I accidentally posted this in the 26er folder (it is a 27.5). Sorry for the duplicate posts.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks 202. I already took it into the shop to replace cables and housings. Hopefully that will do the trick. Eventually I will have to make a change however as the Alivio has a very long throw that wreaks havoc on my thumbs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.