Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got a nice new banshee morphine with a sherman firefly up front...after 7 years of FS i have decided to go HT for a while and hone the old riding/smoothness skills.

my weight is about 160lb (80kg) plus maybe 12lb (6kg) for lid, water and armour etc. i suspect that i need stiffer springs in the shermans - i can get the right spring from the website but does anybody know what rate they actually come with in the first place - ie what are the stock springs??

·
Registered
444 Posts
Wait...

And see what the sag is before you get another spring. I put a Breakout on my Imperial and the stock spring is fine and I weight 175 without gear.

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
stock should be the medium spring. Thats pretty standard. I'm 170 & had to go to a firm spring in my Slider +, to eleminate btm'ing. @ 170, I'm @ upper end of weight scale for the med. spring that came in my fork. I agree w/Tarpon...wait & see.

·
Registered
77 Posts
man w/ one hand said:
stock should be the medium spring. Thats pretty standard. I'm 170 & had to go to a firm spring in my Slider +, to eleminate btm'ing. @ 170, I'm @ upper end of weight scale for the med. spring that came in my fork. I agree w/Tarpon...wait & see.
My OEM Shermans came with a soft spring, i heard all OEM come with soft, otherwise medium. I optioned up to stiff (90kg) and alls well. Maybe just open it up and take a gander.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.