Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Stand back
4,213 Posts
I have an '03

themarsvolta55 said:
has anyone done some freeriding with a 2003 or 2004 sherman firefly? if so is this a good fork or a bad for freeriding. thanks
jordan
And I've done a good amount of beating on it, w/ no complaints. I'm 190 and try to ride smoothly (not that I succeed). I like it well enough to have a breakout plus waiting for my new frame to arrive. And waiting, and waiting...
The travel adjust on the '04 is more useful than the '03 (40mm change vs. 20mm), but then you get the 1st year of spv, which a few ppl dislike. Sposedly you can get the upgraded spv evolve cartridge for free from Manitou if you have a problem w/ the original one. Mine's TPC+ so I can't comment on either's performance.

Attachments

·
crumb
890 Posts
i ride a 2003 Sherman Firefly with 130mm and so far the biggest Ive done with it was about 7 ft and it did not bottom out and its really stiff so yeah if you can get one for cheap go for it.

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
The biggest I've gone is roof to flat, and it didn't bottom. I really love this fork. The Azonic Headlock really improves steering feel too. I forget where, but I saw the o4 selling on some online retailer for 370. You can always go the ebay route.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.