Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
featherweight clydesdale
1,385 Posts
donkey said:
http://www.mtntouring.com/mountain/htm/home/page_home.htm

Looks like a good time, and a good opportunity for me to use a plane ticket that I don't want to go to waste:)

B
The closest commercial flight is probably Charlottesville, followed by Roanoke, DC, then Richmond. There is a small airport, Shenandoah Airport?, which MIGHT be just big enough for a commercial flight every other day.

Drive is about 1.5 hours from Charlottesville. If you want to hook a ride with someone in C'ville go to cambc.org then find and join the "list serve". You have sign up first to send an email to the list.

I know 2-3 people who are probably going, but not me.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I'll be there

I think the closest airport is Dulles Int'l Airport in VA @ 1.5 hrs away. Probably the cheapest flights too. There are many of us from the regional DC area heading out to that race and one of us ( I would volunteer) to pick you up and give you a lift to the race & back.

It's a great race. You'll never forget doing it.

·
Registered
266 Posts
me.

I already answered this over in single speed land, but since I'll also be there on a 29"er, I guess this one applies, too. So there you have it. I"ll be there twice.

If any of you out there are on the fence about going, do it. It's a great event, well supported, super-fun course. If, like me, you're low on your mileage this year and you're not sure if you can do it, just think of it as one hell of a progressive snack. Ride 20 miles, eat from the magical buffet that appears in the woods before you. Ride 20 more, repeat 5x.

·
Registered
94 Posts
farley said:
you're low on your mileage this year and you're not sure if you can do it, just think of it as one hell of a progressive snack. Ride 20 miles, eat from the magical buffet that appears in the woods before you. Ride 20 more, repeat 5x.
I love it! I've done that "race" 3 times now and thats about the best description I've heard, the best buffet is the one on the top ot the 12 mile fireroad climb. Almost makes me think I could hack it this year.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.