Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll only be able to do one long race this year. I want to do either the Shenandoah 100 or the Fools Gold 100. For those of you that has raced both, which one of the two would you recommend? Thanks in advance for comments and suggestions.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Having done both this past year I'd give the nod to Shenandoah. I like the longer single loop races myself. As far as entertaining courses they are both fantastic. Both great support and great organization. They both have amazing singletrack, great extended climbs and some really nice scenery.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have never done an endurance event, but was considering the Shenandoah my first over 50 miles.
Since the Shenandoah is a point to point, I'm assuming that they have lots of checkpoints along the way with some food if needed?
What's the best way to get ready for the endurance portion? Back to back days of 50 mile training rides a couple weeks before? in other words what bench mark should I shoot for/work up too a couple weeks before the event to know I'm as ready as can be?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.