Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a long time since revisiting Shells Foster City. Showed up about a month ago and discovered the renovation project that's going on along Beach Park Blvd.

• Is there a way to still access the pump track/dirt jumps right now?
  • Is it going to be demolished as a result of this project?

Meant to follow up awhile back; thanks to anyone that has info.

· Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, in theory temp. But no mention from another thread jumps will be harmed. But that surrounding area is ptime for jumps. They will come back.

Toward Redwood shore side some one build some stuff long ago.
Thanks for the update. Shells is a quick easy trip for me... would hate for it to be shut down permanently. I'll look for the Redwood shore stuff in the mean time.

· Registered
4,069 Posts
Thanks for the update. Shells is a quick easy trip for me... would hate for it to be shut down permanently. I'll look for the Redwood shore stuff in the mean time.
Riding toward redwood shore, apartments on right side, water on the left, Oracle backside in a distance, that jump is on the left in the marshes. Not very well build, but those kids dugged for a while. Surprised no one said anything. Keep in mind this was a long while ago.

· Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Riding toward redwood shore, apartments on right side, water on the left, Oracle backside in a distance, that jump is on the left in the marshes. Not very well build, but those kids dugged for a while. Surprised no one said anything. Keep in mind this was a long while ago.
Is it just one single jump? Hoping for a whole other pump track, rollers, jumps, etc.. haha, wishful thinking.

· Registered
2,042 Posts
Just an FYI, the private property they are talking about is being eyed by SFO to use as mitigation land for future expansions. If the deal goes through the private land area will be returned to the wetland area/natural state. Not good for long term future of this jump area.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts